After refreshing the Mi Notebook last December, Xiaomi does it again with the 12.5-inch Mi Notebook Air (but this time) featuring the latest 8th Gen Intel CPU. If you are looking for an ultrabook for productivity, this laptop could be the one you’re looking for (so long it arrives in the Philippines).
Starting with the design, the Mi Notebook Air stays the same with its minimalist look accompanied by 12.5-inch FHD display with relatively thin bezels. That, while weighing 1.07 kg. We have the same backlit keyboard and Harman Kardon speakers with DTS surround support. It seems like the battery didn’t change much, but the company brags its 50% charge in 35 minutes.
With the 12.5-inch Mi Notebook Air is already available in China, apparently, there are only two variants; the M3 processor with 4GB/128GB combo has a price of 3599 Yuan ~Php28k while upgrading it to 256GB will set you back at 3999 Yuan ~Php31k. The i5 model featuring the same ram and maximum onboard storage costs 4299Yuan ~Php33.5k.
12.5 Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air (Early 2019) specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 12.5-inch Full HD IPS, 5.71mm bezel
- Design: Polycarbonate and metal
- CPU: 8th Gen Intel Core i5 quad-core, or M3 processor
- GPU: integrated GPU
- RAM: 4GB DDR4
- Storage: 128GB/256GB SSD
- Ports: USB Type-C, Type-A 3.0, standard HDMI, Audio combo
- Connectivity: WiFi ac, Bluetooth 4.2
- OS: Windows 10 Home
- Release date: March 28, 2019 (Global), TBD (Philippines)
- Price: estimated from Php28k up to Php33.5K