The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4GB / 2GB RAM and ZE550ML is now available after more than a month of delay from the promised date.
How to update your Asus Zenfone 2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
You can get the update by manually downloading the firmware and installing it. Another option is the usual OTA (over the air) which requires a fast and stable internet connection.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update refreshes the Zen UI (version 3.0), cleans the experience by removing 3rd party apps, and overall system performance including a better RAM and battery management.
It’s worth noting that Asus suggests users should backup the phone before updating.
List of Asus Zenfone 2 PH compatible for Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser – Updated
- Asus Zenfone Max – Updated
- Asus Zenfone Zoom – Updated
- Asus Zenfone Selfie – Updated
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML 2GB RAM – Updated (promised on Q2 2016)
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4GB RAM – Updated
- Asus Zenfone 2 Deluxe / Special Edition with 4GB RAM – N/A
- Asus PadFone S – N/A
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5S – N/A
- Asus Zenfone Go – Not compatible