Although originally released back in June, the BlackBerry Key² is about to launch in the Philippines on May 21st. Sure, it’s about almost a year late for the phone to join the party, but it’s a nostalgic phone made for a specific niche of users.
BlackBerry Key2 Will Officially Arrive in the Philippines
To give you a refresh, the BlackBerry Key² is functionally unique with the presence of a physical QWERTY keypad. Its business-centric design is further enhanced with the texture backing that adds grip when held in hand. To make way for the keyboard, the display has to be small — at 4.5-inch — however, it still comes with near-FHD resolution.
As for the rest of the specs, the BlackBerry Key² comes with a dual 12MP main camera, an 8MP selfie sensor, and 3500mAh battery with 18W QC 3.0. Inside is a Snapdragon 660 paired with 6GB RAM and up to 128GB of expandable storage. Also, it comes with an ancient relic — the audio jack.
For the official price of the BlackBerry Key², we’ll have to wait until its local launch date. Originally, the device had a launching price of ¥4499 (approx. PHP 37,330) for the 128GB variant and ¥3999 (approx. PHP 33,165) for the 64GB variant. We just hope it’s a lot less expensive than that.
BlackBerry Key2 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 4.5-inch near-Full HD, Gorilla Glass 3
- Design: Aluminum 7000 series frame, textured, polycarbonate back
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Memory: 64GB, 128GB internal, microSD card support up to 258GB
- Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.3″, 1.28µm, dual pixel PDAF + 12 MP, f/2.6, 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF
- Selfie: 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4″, 1.12µm
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Dual SIM, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C
- Security: front-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3500mAh with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 (50% in 36 min)
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with BB security add-ons
- Release date: May 21, 2019 Philippines
- Price: launch price est. from P30k to P35k