All-new 2018 Hyundai Accent availability to start in 2019
Hyundai has already delivered the new 2018 Accent into different regions with the Philippines and few countries as exceptions. But with the year going to end soon, it is very likely that the local debut of the new Accent is just around the corner–1st half of 2019, to be exact.
The 2018 Accent brings a lot of improvements especially on the outside with its new and bold cascading grille we’ve seen on the Hyundai Elantra. There will also an addition of LED projection lamps and DRL or daytime running light at the front. Its taillight is also familiar because it has the same form as to the Hyundai Tucson’s taillights.
Under the hood will be the same 1.4-liter GL gas or 1.6-liter CRDi GL diesel engine. But there is a possibility that Hyundai Philippines will introduce the 1.6-liter GDI gasoline in the country with 130HP and up to 160Nm of torque.
Safety features such as Pre-collision warning and emergency breaking will be added as options including the 5-inch or 7-inch infotainment touch system with Android or Apple Car Play support.
Pricing and release date of 2018 Hyundai Accent for the Philippines
The expected launch is on the 1st half of 2019 with its availability to follow, this is expected since the previous Accent was just introduced a few years ago. If the 2019 Accent becomes available, it will sit under the compact crossover, the Hyundai Kona, and the mid-size Elantra. So the estimated Accent pricing will range from P700k Philippine pesos up to P900k pesos.
2018 Hyundai Accent specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 4-door sedan or 5-door hatchback
- Engine: 1.4-liter gasoline or 1.6-liter diesel
- Power: 100 to 110 HP @ 6000 rpm for gasoline, 136HP @ 6000 rpm diesel*
- Torque: 133 Nm @ 3500 rpm for gasoline, 300Nm @ 2,500 diesel*
- Transmission: CVT, 6-speed automatic, 6-speed manual
- Fuel efficiency: up 20km/l for diesel*
- Ground clearance: 150mm*
- Safety: Driver and front passenger airbags, Pre Collision with automatic braking, Rear view camera, Reverse parking sensors, ISOFIX
- Features: Keyless entry, 5 or 7-inch touch center display
- Price: estimated P700,000 Philippine pesos base model 1.4-liter, up to P900k for the 1.6-liter diesel
- Release: estimated Q1 to Q2 2019 in the Philippines
* Specs are to be confirmed once officially launched