I finally found them! Yes. After searching both online and walking into dozens of physical stores in the Philippines for the recently launched Microsoft Surface Book and a couple of accessories for my laptop and phones, I finally found them in Galleon.ph.
Who thought that buying products from abroad would be this easy and secured? Galleon has been a familiar brand back when I was a kid. I remember that in Bacolod City they already exist. I think we bought mum’s first Nokia phone from a Galleon store.
Galleon has been a trusted brand than most competing stores these days. It’s great that they are running an online store too. And it’s where I always find the items that are not available in the Philippines.
Buying Items Not Available in the Philippines
Just recently, I was looking for a laptop wireless card. I tried going to malls and finding them from repair stores, but I failed. Another case happened. It’s after receiving the LG Nexus 5X with USB 3.1 Type-C port. Unlike 6P, the 5X doesn’t include USB type-A to C cable.I tried going to accessory shops but was disappointed that they still don’t offer the item.
The same case for the Surface Book. After started saving for this Windows 10 convertible, I was saddened that up until this early February, Microsoft has not released the Surface Book yet in PH.
Luckily, I still found them after turning into local online shops. And it’s from Galleon–the only local store that offers those products especially the chip and Surface Book.
Galleon PH offers wider product selection and the availability is almost unlimited and far better than relying on local stores. You can request items that are not listed on their store too. They also offer US P.O. box in case the product you wanted to buy is only available in the USA. And for shipping, you have two choices: via Air (6-12 business days) or Sea (cheaper, 35-40 days). They will also handle local shipping (much better than letting the product seller manage it basing from experience).
Wide Payment Methods
- Banks: BDO, BPI, MetroBank, Unionbank, ChinaBank, RCBC, EastWest, Landbank, PNB, Maybank, Robinsons Bank, Security Bank, Sterling Bank
- Malls and establishments: SM, LBC, Mlhuillier, Robinsons, Cebuana Lhuillier, Globe Gcash, EasyPay, Bayad Center
Another advantage in shopping via Galleon is the wide payment method. The option ranges from local deposit to BDO and BPI to online such as DragonPay, PayPal, and credit card/debit card.
Top Reasons Why Shop via Galleon PH than other stores
- Shopping with Galleon is more fun as you could buy products not available in PH
- Wider options/method for payment
- Better customer support
- Has own USA address for faster and secured transaction
- Handles shipping internationally and locally
- Options for Air or Sea shipping
- You can buy items not listed on their store
Guides on Buying from Galleon
- Look for the product at Galleon.ph
- Request for product if not available from the store
- Select Payment Method
- Wait for your item and track them online. Easy, right?
You can find more information about shopping a product from USA and shipping it thru Galleon here.
If you are planning to buy an item, Galleon is offering up to 10% discount. Use code nuffnang.
Right now, I’m just waiting for the accessories I ordered. So let me know about your experiences and or if you’re still planning to shop.