HMD Global is back at it again! The Nokia 2.1 and 3.1 officially launched today in the Philippines in Commune Cafe + Bar, Makati City. The two phones were introduced as smartphones that will provide a long-lasting experience with a premium feel to it at an affordable price.
The Nokia 2.1 features a 5.5″ HD display with an aspect ratio of 16:9 as well as a 2D Cover Glass with anti-FP coating for protection. It is powered by the Snapdragon 425 along with a processor clocked up to 1.4GHz. The smartphone also contains 1GB of RAM with an internal storage of 8GB which is expandable via a microSD card. In terms of camera specs, the Nokia 2.1 sports an 8MP rear camera, and a 5MP front snapper. The device is fueled by a 4000mAh battery and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo as well.
On the other hand, the Nokia 3 features a 5.2″ HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 18:9 and the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protection. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio P10 chipset and contains 2/3GB of RAM and an internal storage of 16/32GB which can also be expandable via a microSD card. It sports a 13MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie snapper. In addition, the Nokia 3.1 is fueled by a 2990mAh battery and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Out of the two, the Nokia 3.1 is the only smartphone that features face and voice unlock. Additionally, during the launch, it was mentioned that starting with the Nokia 3.1, future smartphones that will be released by HMD Global will run on Android One.
The Nokia 2.1 is priced PHP 5,990 and will be available in the colors – Blue/Copper, Blue/Silver, and Gray/Silver. As for the Nokia 3.1, the 3GB + 32GB variant is retailed at PHP 9,990 and will arrive in Black/Chrome. The two smartphones will be available on August 29, 2018, but pre-orders of the Nokia 3.1 is already available today until August 26, 2018. Furthermore, if you pre-order the Nokia 3.1, you will get a free JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker.
Nokia 2.1 Full Specs
- 5.5” 16:9 HD, 2D Cover Glass with anti-FP coating
- 153.6 x 77.6 x 9.67 mm, 174g
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform, MSM8917, 4X-Core ARM, Cortex A53,1.4GHz
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card slot up to 128 GB support)
- Android 8.1 OreoTM (Go edition)
- Rear: 8MP autofocus camera with led flash
- Front: 5MP fixed focus camera
- Micro USB (USB 2.0), OTG, 3.5mm, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Wi-Fi b/g/n/, BT 4.2, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+Beidou
- 4000mAh battery
- Dual Speakers with stereo sound
- Blue / Copper, Blue / Silver, Grey / Silver
- PHP 5,990
Nokia 3.1 Full Specs
- 5.2” HD+, 2.5D Cover Glass with anti-FP coating, Corning® Gorilla Glass
- 146.25 x 68.65 x 8.7 mm, 138.3g
- MediaTek Helio P10
- 3 GB RAM
- 32 GB internal storage (expandable via microSD card slot up to 128 GB support)
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Rear: 13MP AF f/2 with led flash
- Front: 8MP FF f/2 84.6 FoV
- micro USB (USB 2.0), OTG, 3.5mm, gyroscope, ambient light sensor, proximity
sensor, accelerometer, magnetometer, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/, BT 4.2, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS, NFC
- 2990mAh battery
- single speaker
- Black / Chrome
- PHP 9,990