The Pocophone F1 is just a few months old from the market. But given how popular the new budget flagship segment of Xiaomi, it seems the company is already preparing to launch the Poco F2 successor in the first half of 2019 with might be disappointing specs for some.
The latest benchmark results posted by a credible tech blog points to a Snapdragon 845 chipset on the Pocophone F2 rather than the newest, 2019-slated Snapdragon 855 that will soon power a lot of flagship smartphones.
With a killer pricing of about $350 or P17,000 pesos, this might be valid information since it will rather make the Poco F2 more expensive if they will use the SD 855 as early as March.
If Pocophone really wants to undercut most of the competition, they would wait until the chipset becomes cheaper, which is after a few months from the launch of major brands like the Galaxy S10.
Nonetheless, the Poco F2 should have noticeably better hardware including a more reliable camera and a refreshed design.
Pocophone F2 rumored specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6-inch Full HD+, notched
- Design: Glass and Metal
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 processor
- GPU: Adreno 630 graphics
- RAM: 8GB max
- Memory: 256GB max
- Camera: 24MP to 48MP dual camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, NFC, GPS
- Audio: HiFi, 3.5mm audio jack
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- OS: Android 9.1 Pie
- Release Date: March to April 2019 in the Philippines
- Price: $350 or P17,990 (est.)