Samsung has finally launched the newest member of its budget-centric Galaxy M series — meet the Galaxy M40 — an affordable mid-range phone that starts at INR 19,990 or ~P15k. It’s already available in India via online retailers.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Launched in India
Galaxy M40 is the fourth and currently most expensive phone from its family. It’s way different from the other three, thanks to the addition of an Infinity-O display and triple camera. The display is a 6.3″ PLS LCD FHD+ with screen sound technology, due to the absence of speakers. Also, the audio jack is nowhere to be found.
The punch-hole houses a 16MP f2.0 selfie sensor, while the triple camera highlights a large 32MP f1.7 main sensor with 8MP f2.2 ultra wide and 5MP f2.2 depth sensors.
Unlike the Galaxy A series, the M40 makes do with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. With Snapdragon 675 to use, you can either pair it with 4GB/64GB or 6GB/128GB. Regardless, you are still getting Samsung’s OneUI experience.
The colors of Galaxy M40 are Midnight Blue and Sweater Blue.
Samsung Galaxy M40 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch Full HD+ PLS LCD, Punch-hole Infinity O
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5?
- CPU: Snapdragon 675 processor (11 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 612 graphics
- RAM: 4/6GB RAM
- Memory: 64GB or 128GB expandable with microSD up to 1TB
- Camera: 32 MP, f/1.7, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.12µm, PDAF + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Selfie: 16MP front-facing, Face Unlock
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3500mAh capacity with 15W Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, OneUI
- Colors: Midnight Blue and Sweater Blue
- Price: INR 19,990 or ~P15k before taxes
- Release date: June 2019 India, July 2019 Philippine availability