Ever since the release of the Galaxy M series, there’s literally no shortage of mid-range phones from Samsung. The company first introduced the M10, M20, and M30, then released its jam-packed Galaxy A series. After quite a while, the Korean giant is quietly launching the Galaxy M40. Thanks to a Geekbench benchmark, here’s what to expect from Samsung’s latest affordable handset.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Geekbench Score
Based on the benchmark result, the Galaxy M40 scored 2350 single-core points and 6410 multi-core points. Furthermore, it ran on Android 9.0 Pie (most likely) with OneUI on top with 6GB of RAM. Other than that, there’s nothing left to reveal.
Following the M30’s trend, we might see the same Super AMOLED Infinity-U display on the M40, a triple camera setup, at least 16MP selfie camera, and a large 5000mAh battery. That said, no word yet on the release date and pricing of the Galaxy M40.
Samsung Galaxy M40 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED
- Design: Gorilla Glass and metal frame
- CPU: Snapdragon 675 processor
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 4GB to 6GB
- Memory: 64GB expandable with microSD (est.)
- Camera: 13MP main + 5MP + 5MP for bokeh, 1080p video
- Selfie: 16MP front-facing, Face Unlock
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5000 mAh with Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, OneUI
- Colors: Black, Gold, White
- Price: est. $250 USD or P14,000+ before taxes
- Release date: April Philippine availability