Not much has changed in terms of design for the iPad Air and iPad Mini in 2019 but performance upgrade and more feature support are always welcome.
Apple iPad Air (2019)
The Apple iPad Air clocks in at 10.5-inch(2224 x 1668) featuring 500-nits of display brightness, True Tone, and P3 wide color gamut. It’s also compatible with 1st gen Apple Pencil only, for some reason.
The performance side of things gets a huge upgrade with the same powerful A12 Bionic chip found on the latest iPhone XS series. For the cameras, you have 8MP sensors for front and back that’s capped at FHD video recording with no flash.
As for the price of Apple iPad Air (2019):
- $499 or ~Php26,000 – 64GB (WiFi)
- $629 or ~Php33,000 – 64GB (WiFi & cellular)
- $649 or ~Php34,000 – 256GB(WiFi)
- $779 or ~Php41,000 – 256GB(Wifi & cellular)
Apple iPad Mini (2019)
Should you want portability at all times, the iPad Mini sits at 7.9-inch only with 2048 x 1536 resolution. The same features from True Tone to 1st gen Apple Pencil support are found here. Perhaps, the main difference is the display size and the old, white thick bezel design.
Prices for the Apple iPad Mini (2019):
- $399 or ~Php21,000 – 64GB (WiFi)
- $529 or ~Php28,000 – 64GB (WiFi & cellular)
- $549 or ~Php29,000 – 256GB(WiFi)
- $679 or ~Php36,000 – 256GB(Wifi & cellular)
While you will be dealing with the dated design, the performance won’t disappoint you. Especially when you’re looking for a mid-range iPad compared to the likes of the iPad Pro.