Just a couple of years ago, Hyundai Motors Philippines has launched the facelifted Tucson locally with the aim to deliver a reliable crossover in a stylish package. Come 2019, a new model will become available to replace its predecessor, evenly called 2018 Tucson.
The new 2019 Hyundai Tucson has the same engine offering but with a bolder and refined exterior, and unsurprisingly, better interior.
As for the Philippines, the 2.0-liter turbo diesel or petrol engine remains the main choices while the 2.4-liter naturally aspirated is yet to be confirmed.
Along with strong cascading, a wider grill is a set of safety features inside offered as optional for most although multimedia functions such as parking assist will be standard.
The 2019 Tucson is not officially launched yet in the Philippines but we expect to see in showrooms by early 2019. And for the pricing, the base model with a standard package and 2.0 CRDi engine may start at Php 1, 300, 000 SRP before taxes and tariffs.
2019 Hyundai Tucson features, price, release date in the Philippines
- Type: 5-seater crossover
- Engine: 2.0-liter petrol or turbo diesel CRDi
- Power: 155 HP @ 6,200 RPM for gasoline, 185 HP @ 4,200 for diesel
- Torque: 192 Nm @ 4,000 rpm, 402 Nm @ 4,250 rpm
- Acceleration: n/a, estimated at 7 to 9 seconds from 0 to 100kph
- Fuel efficiency: n/a
- Price: Php 1,300,000 before taxes for 2.0-liter diesel engine
- Release: early 2019 availability in the Philippines