All-new MacBook Air is officially unveiled after 10 years
Apple has kept the design of its MacBook Air for 10 years, but they managed to change it today with their all-new MacBook Air 2018. The new MBA has a better display, faster processor and graphics, and sleeker design. Find out its complete specs and features as well as the Philippine availability and pricing.
What’s new with the MacBook Air 2018?
The big changes are both inside and outside. Its exterior boasts a 100% recycled aluminum alloy while making the overall size thinner and lighter compared to previous MacBook Air. They also removed all ports and put two USB Type C Thunderbolt and a headphone jack.
Meanwhile the keyboard is a 4th gen. butterfly switch with individual lighting, and finally, a fingerprint or Touch ID scanner is embedded on the top key. Apple also claims a wider, smoother trackpad.
The display is the same 13-inch size but much better in terms of color accuracy and brightness as well as the sharpness. The Cupertino-giant labeled it as Retina the same as with the MacBook Pro.
Inside is a dual-core Core i5 8th processor, the only CPU option. On the other hand, you can max out the RAM up to 16B and the storage up to 1.5TB SSD. There is also a dedicated security chip inside that manages the fingerprint reader and makes your storage secure.
Pricing and availability of the MacBook Air 2018 in the Philippines
Starting today, Apple has started taking pre-orders while official availability in the USA is on November 7th. Expect that the MacBook Air 2018 will become available at the end of the month in the Philippines.
As for the MBA 2018 price, the base model starts at $1,199 USD or equivalent to Php 60, 000 pesos before taxes. Our estimate brings us to P65k to P69k price with taxes for the base model.
Stay tuned on our website and YouTube channel as we will keep you posted once we have the MBA 2018 for review and hands-on.
MacBook Air 2018 specs, release date, Philippine price
- Display: 13.3-inch 2560×1600 pixels, Retina Display
- Design: 100% recycled aluminum alloy, 1.24 kg weight, 15.6 mm thin
- CPU: Intel 8th Generation Dual Core-i5, 1.6GHz
- GPU: Intel Iris HD graphics
- RAM: 8GB or 16GB DDR4
- Storage: 128GB up to 1.5TB SSD
- Camera: Facetime HD webcam
- Connectivity: WiFi ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0
- Security: Touch ID or fingerprint scanner
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Ports: Thunderbolt 3 (x2), 3.5mm audio jack, eGPU compatible
- Battery: Rated up to 11 hours
- OS: MacOS Mojave, upgradeable to Mac OS updates
- Price: $1,199 Update: official price is Php 74,990 in the Philippines
PHP 60,000 before taxes in the Philippines, estimated P65k to P69k with taxes as SRP
- Release date: mid of November launch date in the Philippines