Recently, online stores have started selling Xiaomi phones such as Mi 4 and Redmi Note 3 here in the Philippines. Those devices are legit and original but directly came from China or Hong Kong. The issue, however, is on the ROM used that is intended to be on Chinese version, which doesn’t include Google’s Android Play Store and Facebook out from the box.
- Redmi Note 3 vs iPhone 6s Comparison
- Redmi Note 3 vs Xperia M5 Comparison
- Xperia C5 Ultra vs Note 3 Comparison
If you can’t install Android Play Store, Facebook, and other Android apps, the solution is very easy.
Steps on how to download and install Play Store and Facebook on Mi and Redmi phones in the Philippines
- Enable installation of other Apps: Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources
- Download Google’s Android Play Store APK and Facebook APK from the internet (search Play Store apk or Facebook apk)
- Transfer to phone, if downloaded from PC or use File Manager in your Mi phone
- Locate the APK files and install it
Google may require you to install Google Services Framework and Manager before successfully running Play Store.
Just use Google Play Store to download other applications.