The successor to the popular Honor 8X midrange phone of 2018 is finally here — meet the Honor 9X. It has a starting price of CNY 1399 or roughly P10k for the 4GB+64GB model. That, while carrying nearly the same features of the pro model.
Honor 9X Now Official
The Honor 9X comes in three colors — black, blue, and red. You get the same 6.59″ FHD+ IPS LCD and 16MP f2.2 pop-up selfie camera. The same goes for the Kirin 810 chipset, 4000mah battery, and side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Camera-wise, the 9X comes with your standard dual camera setup — 48MP + 2MP depth. While you do get the benefit of GPU Turbo 3.0 software, you do lose the liquid cooling support form the pro model.
As for the rest of the variants, the 6GB+64GB model, in China, is priced at CNY 1599 or nearly P12k. While the 128GB variant will set you back at CNY 1899 or P14k.
If you want more cameras, RAM, and storage, the Honor 9X Pro was launched with P16k starting price.
Honor 9X specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.59-inch IPS LCD FHD+, Corning Gorilla Glass ver?
- Design: aluminum frame, glass back
- CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB
- Memory: 64/128 GB + microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera: 48 MP, f/1.8 (wide), 1/2″, PDAF
2 MP (depth sensor)
- Selfie Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, headphone jack
- Security: side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 10W
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.1
- Release date: July 2019 China, TBA Philippines
- Price: CNY 1399 or roughly P10k up to CNY 1899 or P14k