The Honor Play will officially launch here in the Philippines on August 11 in SM Fairview. Although the price of the device seems to be on the level of midrange smartphones, it has some impressive specs including a HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset.
- Honor Note 10 vs Huawei Nova 3 — Specs Comparison
- Honor Note 10 vs Xiaomi Mi Max 3 — Specs Comparison
The Honor Play will feature a 6.3″ FHD+ notched display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080. As mentioned, it will be powered by the Kirin 970 along with a Mali-G72 MP12 GPU and a processor clocked up to GHz. The smartphone will also arrive with two storage variants – 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage and 6GB RAM + 64GB internal storage.
In regards to its camera features, the Honor Play will sport a dual 16MP + 2MP rear camera supported by AI and a 16MP front camera. In addition, the device will be powered by a 3,750mAh battery with Fast charging and will run on Android 8.1 Oreo.
The Honor Play’s price was quite a surprise. With a price of PHP 15,990, the handset is definitely the cheapest Kirin 970-infused smartphone for now.
Honor Play Full Specs
- 6.3″ FHD+ display, 2340 x 1080, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 409 PPI
- 157.9 x 74.3 x 7.5 mm, 176g
- HiSilicon Kirin 970
- Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM + 64GB storage (expandable via a microSD card)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), EMUI 8.1
- Dual 16MP + 2MP rear camera with PDAF and LED Flash
- 16MP front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Non-removable Li-Po 3750 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 18W
- Purple, Black, Blue
- PHP 15,990