Huawei just launched its foldable smartphone, called the Huawei Mate X. Other than being foldable, the rival of Samsung’s Galaxy Fold also boasts 5G connectivity together unveiled with the company’s Kirin 980 chip and Balong 5000 5G modem.
Aside from the Huawei Mate X’ triple Leica lens, the company also mentioned that the smartphone will have no problems with smooth back folding since it has its ‘falcon wing’ mechanism which makes the phone’s hinges thinner.
In terms of release and pricing, the Huawei Mate X is expected to be released this mid-year at selected countries. In terms of price, it is estimated to cost around EUR 2,299/Php 135,000. Philippines release is yet to be announced so stay tuned for more updates!
Huawei Mate X Full specs, Philippine pricing and release
- Display: 8-inch 8:7.1 AMOLED screen @ 2480 x 2200 px (unfolded)
- Dimensions Unfolded: 161.3 x 146.2 x 5.4 mm
- Folded: 161.3 x 78.3 x 11 mm
- Weight: 295 g (10.41 oz)
- CPU: Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 5G chip
2x Cortex A76 2.6GHz + 2x Cortex A76 1.92GHz + 4x Cortex A55 1.8GHz
Balong 5000 5G modem
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- 8GB RAM, 512GB storage, (expandable up to 256GB) via Huawei NM
- OS: EMUI 10 (Android 9 Pie)
- 40MP (Wide Angle Lens, f/1.8) + 20MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2) + 8MP (Telephoto, f/2.4) Leica Triple cameras, AI Stabilization
- Dual SIM (hybrid, nano), Dual Standby
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Bluetooth 5.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- Ports: USB 3.1 Type-C
- Battery: 4,500mAh Li-Po battery, 55W Fast Charge, Huawei Supercharge