Lenovo’s first all-screen, slider Z5 Pro is officially announced
Lenovo is not boasting this time and their claim is valid for the newly launched Lenovo Z5 Pro. The new phone has the same form factor as to the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 with a slider selfie but with an under-display fingerprint sensor.
Because of the not-so-flagship processor, the Lenovo Z5 Pro will undercut most its slider counterpart in terms of pricing. Inside is a Snapdragon 710 processor paired with 6GB RAM and up to 128GB storage. The main camera is 16MP f/1.8 paired with a 24MP Sony IMX sensor while the dual selfie setup is a16MP plus 8MP combination that both work in tandem with infrared sensor for facial recognition the same as to the iPhone X.
The Lenovo Z5 Pro is not yet announced for other markets like India other than China. Its starting price is $290 USD or equivalent to Php 15,000 plus in Philippine pesos. Expect an official price of Php 15k to Php 18k once available or released locally. The rest of the specs are listed down below.
Lenovo Z5 Pro full specs, Philippine price, release date
- Display: 6.39-inch 19.5:9 AMOLED display @ 2340 x 1080px, 95% screen-to-body ratio
- CPU: Snapdragon 710 octacore
- GPU: Adreno 610 graphics
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB non-expandable
- Rear Camera: 16MP IMX363 f/1.8 + 24MP Sony IMX AI dual camera, 4K UHD video
- Front Camera: 16MP + 8MP selfie cameras
- Battery: 3,350mAh battery with fast charging technology
- Connectivity: 4G LTE+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- Features: Full-screen magnetic slider, In-display Fingerprint Scanner, IR 3D Facial Recognition
- Colors: Ceramic Black
- Price: $290 for 6GB + 64GB or Php 15k pesos, $330 for the 128GB or Php 18k pesos
- Release date: November, 2018 in China with the Philippines, India Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam launch to follow