OnePlus launches OnePlus 6T with an in-display fingerprint, $549 price
After tons of leaks, the OnePlus 6T becomes official as it was unveiled today in New York. The new “Flagship-killer” brings a few big upgrades over the OnePlus 6.
The most notable change is the size of the notch. Gone is the wide notch, OnePlus welcomes the water drop-inspired notch that houses the front camera. The screen is stretched out, thanks to the reduced area of the notch.
Speaking of the screen there is an addition of in-display fingerprint reader or in short, is being called Screen Unlock by the company.
OnePlus retains the Snapdragon 845 processor but is now powered by 3,700 mAh battery, a big step up from the 3,300 mAh of OnePlus 6. The rest of the hardware is almost identical to the OP6 including the dual camera set up at the back and the missing 3.5mm audio jack.
OnePlus 6T will become available globally starting today thru pop-up stores while the wider release date will follow in November with the Philippines catered by grey market or online shops.
Pricing starts at $549 for 6GB + 128GB OP6T variant. This is equivalent to about P30,000 pesos if we include the taxes. But just be minded that the current OnePlus 6 64GB retails for about P30,990 from online stores such as Lazada.
OnePlus 6T full specs, Philippine price, release date
- Display: 6.4-inch 19.5:9 AMOLED display @ 2340 x 1080px, Gorilla Glass 6
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 2.8GHz octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Rear Camera: 16MP + 20MP f/1.7, 2x telephoto, 4K UHD video, OIS
- Front Camera: 16MP f/2.0
- Battery: 3,700mAh with Dash Charge or 20W fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0
- Security: In-display fingerprint reader
- Colors: Midnight black, Mirror black
- Release Date: November 2018 in USA, Europe, Asia and the Philippines (grey market)
- Price: $549 or P30,990 estimated in Philippine pesos for 6+128GB, $579 for 8+128GB or P33,990, $629 or P37,490 for 8+256GB (prices may vary while estimations include taxes)