Last month, the Chinese company announced its affordable OPPO A9 at ~P13.9K price. It packs a 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS LCD screen, Helio P70 chipset, 16MP cameras, and 4020mAh battery. This time, it’s announcing the OPPO A9x — a slightly improved version thru the addition of a 48MP sensor and support for VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
Same Design, Better Camera & Charging Performance
There’s not much to write home about the design as both phones have literally the same looks — from the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner to the teardrop notch display. Instead, the difference can be seen from the quality of the main camera — now with 48MP Sony sensor + 2MP depth. Charging the A9x’s 4020mAh battery should be faster thanks to VOOC 3.0 — providing 20W of fast charging.
The OPPO A9x went official in China with an official price of CNY 1,999 or ~P15k (6GB/128GB) in the Philippines, before taxes. We may not see the phone sell locally as its price is very close to the OPPO F11, however, take that with a grain of salt.
Oppo A9x Specs, Features, Philippine release
- Display: 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS LCD, waterdrop notch
- Design: Gorilla Glass? 3D gradient design, glass body?
- CPU: Helio P70 octa-core, ARM Mali G72 graphics with GameBoost 2.0
- Memory: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB, microSD card up to 256GB
- Camera: 48MP Sony sensor+ 2MP portrait bokeh dual lens
- Selfie: 16MP AI front camera
- Battery: 4020 mAh, VOOC 3.0 20W fast charging
- Security: rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 4.2, 4G VoLTE
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB 2.0
- OS: ColorOS 6 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Ice Jade White, Meteorite Black
- Price: ~P15,990
- Release: May 2019 China, TBD Philippines