Just last month, Reno, a sub-brand of OPPO, announced its first generation of smartphones, particularly the Reno 10X Zoom. Now slated for a May 10 release in China, a Weibo post shows the company’s flagship phone able to provide up to 60x digital zoom! Surpassing Huawei Pro Pro’s 50x capability.
Brian Shen, VP of the Chinese Domestic Market, posted on Weibo a snapshot of the OPPO Reno 10X reaching up to 60x digital zoom. Now, that’s an impressive feat. It even managed to beat the periscope lens of Huawei P30 Pro, capping off at 50x. Technically speaking, Reno’s upcoming flagship phone features a 48MP f/1.7 main sensor + 13MP f/3.0 periscope lens capable of 5x optical zoom + 8MP f2.2 ultra wide sensor. The other two lenses come with OIS except for the ultra wide.
Now, this doesn’t mean that the Reno 10X is already a better smartphone camera. There’s a possibility that at 60x zoom, the quality is much worse than 50x. We could just be seeing the company walking off with bragging rights.
Oppo Reno 10X Zoom official specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: FullView 6.6-inch OLED FHD+, DCI-P3, Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Design: metal and glass, mechanical shark fin-style pop-up selfie
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 640 graphics
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB non-expandable UFS 2.1 storage?
- Camera: 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor + 13MP zoom/periscope setup + 8MP ultrawide sensor
- Selfie: 16MP front sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: non-removable 4065mAh with Super VOOC Ultra Fast Charging (click for test/review)
- Security: On-screen fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6.0
- Release date: Philippines availability est. May 2019
- Price: 3999 yuan or P30,000 starting price for base model up to 4799 yuan or P37,300