Oppo is preparing to launch a new flagship sub-brand aiming the pro users and gamers. The upcoming Oppo Reno is said to feature a new 10x optical zoom using a periscope technology, 48MP triple camera, Snapdragon 710 or 855 CPU, and up to 12GB RAM.
The leaked pricing starts at $550 USD or P28,000 Philippine pesos before taxes for the 8GB/128GB model with unknown CPU (probably SD 710) while the Lamborghini and 5G versions with SD 855 could cost all the way up to $1000. The release date is expected to be around the end of April after its launch.
Another feature to expect is a notch-less all-screen AMOLED display with rumored 93% screen ratio, which is astounding given most recent punch hole phones have only ~90%.
We are still a month away from the official announcement of Reno so better check out first the new Oppo F11 Pro that has pop-up selfie camera and 48MP camera.
Oppo Reno official specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: All-screen AMOLED Panoramic Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Design: Glass and metal body
- CPU: Snapdragon 710 or 855 octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 8GB to 12GB
- Memory: 128GB to 512GB non-expandable UFS 2.1 storage
- Camera: 48MP main + wide angle + depth sensor, 10x optical zoom using Periscope
- Selfie: 16MP front sensor
- Connectivity: 5G model option, 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: non-removable 4000 or 5000 mAh with Super VOOC Ultra Fast Charging (click for test/review)
- Security: On-screen fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: Philippines availability est. May 2019
- Price: estimated at $550 or P28,000 starting price for base model up to P49,990