In an event in China, Realme has announced the Realme X50. It sports Snapdragon 765G which supports built-in 5G. Some of the main features include 64MP Samsung GW1 camera, 120Hz high-refresh-rate screen, and the debut of Realme UI skin. The prices of the X50 are CNY 2499 or ~P18K (8GB/128GB), CNY 2699 or ~P19,600 (6GB/256GB), and CNY 2999 or ~P21K (12GB/256GB). The Master Edition featuring a unique design will cost CNY 3099 or ~P22,500. Realme’s 5G phone will be available starting January 14th.
Realme X50 5G – Affordable 5G Phone with the new Realme UI
Thanks to the new upper mid-range Qualcomm chipset, Realme X50 supports standalone and non-standalone (SA/NSA) sub-6GHz networks. Build-wise, the back is made of glass with 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. There’s no fingerprint scanner on the back because it’s located on the right-hand side of the device. Although there’s no headphone jack here, the company included Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res audio technologies.
For photo and video, there are two selfie cameras housed inside the pill-shaped cutout on the top-left portion. They are 16MP f2.0 and 8MP f2.2 ultrawide. For the main cameras, the 64MP sensor is joined by 12MP f2.5 telephoto with up to 20x hybrid zoom, 8MP f2.2 ultrawide, and 2MPO f2.4 macro lens with 4cm shooting distance. Onto the performance side of X50, there’s an 8mm liquid-cooled copper pipe 3.0 for better thermal management. Additionally, Realme is introducing the new Realme UI skin. Things remain to be seen whether or not it’s vanilla Android, but we think it’s just a renamed OPPO ColorOS with few tweaks.
Realme X50 Master Edition was also revealed — featuring two distinct looks from renowned Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa. Coming in Black and Gold colors, the design is inspired by points and lines in geometric and stylistic finishes.
For now, Realme X50 will go available in China.
Realme X50 5G specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.57-inch FHD+ IPS LCD, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 120Hz
- Design: metal and 3D glass back
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB, 12GB
- Memory: 128GB, 256GB non-expandable UFS 2.1
- Camera: 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF
12 MP, f/3.0, 54mm (telephoto), 2x optical zoom, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.3, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
- Selfie: 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.0µm
8 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Connectivity: 5G(sub-6GHz), 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, WiFi ac, GPS, USB-C
- Security: face unlock, side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4200mAh with 30W VOOC Falsh Charge 4.0 (70% in 30 minutes)
- OS: Android 10 with Realme UI
- Colors: Glacier, Polar, Master Edition (Gold and Black)
- Price: CNY 2499 or ~P18K (8GB/128GB), CNY 2699 or ~P19,600 (6GB/256GB), and CNY 2999 or ~P21K (12GB/256GB)
- Release date: January 14th in China, TBD in the Philippines