Redmi is separating from the Xiaomi brand and will become a sub-brand similar to Huawei’s Honor and Oppo’s Realme. The first phones that will be launching under the Redmi banner are the Redmi 7 series (Pro, non-pro, and more variants) along with the 48MP camera in tow basing on the latest teaser of the company.
Sony’s IMX586 has been recently launched for mobile and one of the first phones to officially feature it is the Honor V20 (View 20) with a price tag of around $500 (P25,000+). However, Redmi is likely to offer the 48MP sensor too on its budget midrange lineup, probably on the Redmi 7 Pro.
The current Redmi 6 Pro costs around $200 or P12,000 in the Philippines including taxes, likely, the upcoming Redmi 7 Pro will also be priced from $200 to $300 range depending on the memory configurations. There is also a possibility that Redmi will reserve the 48MP sensor for the top-end model of the Redmi 7 Pro.
The official event is just a few days away and we will soon find out the full specs of this beastly budget phone.
Redmi 7 Pro rumored specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: Full HD+ notched 6-inch screen
- Design: Glass and metal
- CPU: Snapdragon 636 or 660 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: up to 8GB
- Memory: up to 128GB
- Camera: Dual-camera 48MP + Depth sensor
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, 4G LTE+, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, WiFi ac
- Battery: 3300 mAH to 4000 mAh, Quick Charging
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo upgradeable to 9.0 Pie
- Release date: February to March availability in the Philippines
- Price: $200 to $300 or P12,000 to P16,000 (est. before taxes)