There’s been a rumor swirling around for quite some time now regarding an upcoming Redmi flagship phone. After a leaked poster showing the design and the name dubbed as Redmi X, Redmi’s Lu Weibing immediately denied the moniker, citing “there will be a better name”. Interestingly, he only denied the name despite the poster looking like a poorly edited image. That said, there’s an interesting take here.
Redmi X Specs
Based on the leaked poster, the Redmi X has a fullscreen design thanks to its selfie pop-up camera. At the back locates a triple-camera setup and a flash. And with no fingerprint scanner in sight, an under-screen scanner should be the only alternative here. Other rumors further suggest a Redmi with Snapdragon 730/710. It’s also said to feature 48MP + 8MP + 13MP main cameras, along with a hefty 4000mAh battery, an AMOLED display, and a 3.5mm audio jack — all features that are also found on the upcoming Redmi flagship.
As for the release date of the so-called Redmi X, rumors also point to May 14, however, best to take this with a grain of salt.
Redmi Flagship 2019 rumored specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD+, Super AMOLED
- Design: Glass with metal, Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: Snapdragon 855, 730, or 710 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 6GB to 8GB RAM
- Memory: 64GB to 256GB internal storage, microSD card compatible
- Camera: 48MP triple camera, wide-angle lens, 4K UHD video
- Selfie: 20MP selfie camera to be confirmed with motorized or pop-up mechanism
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, WiFi ac
- Security: on-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Quick Charge
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: May 2019 launch, June to July availability in the Philippines
- Price: P16k to P20k estimated pricing depending on model and memory