It looks like Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 8 series will use the new MediaTek Helio G90T chipsets that primarily provide high-performance gaming and support for up to 108MP camera sensors basing on the latest teasers.
The Redmi Note 8 and Note 8 Pro will be the first Redmi and Xiaomi to be powered by Helio G90T CPU along with a 64MP Samsung ISOCELL camera sensor (48MP for the Note 8 model).
The rival to the Redmi Note 8 is the Realme 5 and Realme 5 Pro which is powered by Snapdragon 712 chips and come with quad-camera setup and 5000 mAh battery.
Xiaomi will launch the new Redmi Note 8 this end of August and will eventually make their debut by September to October in Asia and the Philippines with an estimated price of P8,000 to P15,000 pesos depending on the model variant.
Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro rumored specs, price, and release date in PH
- Display: Full HD+ notched screens
- Design: Glass and metal
- CPU: MediaTek Helio G90T series chip
- GPU: Mali graphics
- RAM: up to 12GB
- Memory: up to 256GB expandable storage
- Camera: 64MP main quad-camera or 48MP
- Battery: 4000 to 5000 mAh with Fast Charging
- Connectivity: 4.5G LTE, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: September to October 2019 in the Philippines
- Price: estimated at P8,000 to P15,000