The Chinese startup, Royole, has beaten the big players like Samsung, Apple, and Huawei in the race to introduce the ‘world’s first’ production flexible, foldable tablet-and-smartphone hybrid. The Royole FlexPai has a 7.8-inch foldable AMOLED display offering dual-view, folded mode and can be fitted inside your pocket like a regular smartphone.
Announced just last week, the FlexPai will become available first this December in China for an asking price of $1300 USD or about P69,000 Philippine pesos. There will be a global version but it is limited for developers.
In terms of hardware specs, the FlexPai is powered by a Snapdragon 8 series, we guess it is a Snapdragon 835 as the company has kept it undisclosed. The Qualcomm chip is paired with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB to 512GB storage configuration. There is also a dual-camera the back.
Royole FlexPai Official Photos
Royole FlexPai Flexible, Foldable Full Specs, Features, Philippine release
- Display: 7.8-inch flexible OLED, scratch resistant, 1920 x 1440 pixels
- Design: Foldable, dual-view
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor to confirmed
- GPU: Adreno 620 graphics
- Memory: 6GB or 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB, 256B, or 512GB memory, no microSD card
- Camera: 16MP + 20MP f/1.8
- Selfie: 8MP f/2.0, FHD video
- Battery: 3,800 mAh, fast charging
- Security: fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack, micro USB
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Black
- Price: $1,300 in China, P69,000 in Philippine pesos
- Release: December 2018 availability, Limited global launch for developers