If you have still haven’t pre-ordered either the Samsung Galaxy A30 or A50 yet, it might be worth waiting for the Galaxy A70. As of March 26, the South Korean company has made it official featuring massive 32MP sensors on both front and back with a generous 4500mAh that fast charges at 25W.
The Samsung Galaxy A70 will come in four colors; White, Blue, Coral, and Black. Up front brings its Infinity-U display packing a Super AMOLED panel at 6.7-inch FHD+ 20:9 resolution. On the flip end, Samsung is touting its “3D Glasstic” design; a polycarbonate body in a glass finish, essentially.
A new Exynos chipset?
Performance-wise, it’s listed with an octa-core CPU with 2(2.0Ghz) + 6(1.7Ghz) clusters. For the sake of comparison, it’s a bit different with the 4 + 4 setup of the Galaxy A50. Nevertheless, it’s paired with up to 8GB RAM and 128GB expandable storage via a dedicated microSD slot.
Samsung continues its strong mid-range camera game with a triple sensor on the back; 32MP f/1.7 + 8MP ultrawide + 5MP depth. While the selfie camera makes use of another 32MP but with a smaller f/2.0 aperture.
Larger battery, faster charging
The battery is another strong suit for the Galaxy A70 as it packs a hefty 4500mAH with a faster-charging capability at 25W. While we are pretty sure it has a USB Type-C port, the lack of audio jack could still be a possibility. But as expected, we have Android 9.0 Pie with One UI skin on top.
The Samsung Galaxy A70 is already dated to be introduced in three continents come April 10th. We can also expect its official price to be released on the same date.
Samsung Galaxy A70 (2019) specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ 20:9 Super AMOLED, Infinity-U
- Design: 3D Glasstic, Gorilla Glass ver?
- CPU: octa-core processor (2 x 2.0Ghz + 6 x 1.7Ghz)
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Memory: 128GB expandable with dedicated microSD up to 512GB
- Camera: 32MP, f/1.7, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide) + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Selfie: 32MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP LE, WiFi ac, GPS, USB Type-C, audio jack?
- Security: on-screen Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4500 mAh with 25W Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, OneUI
- Colors: Black, Blue, White, Coral
- Price: estimated at Php23,990
- Release date: April 10th 2019 (Global), TBD Philippines availability