Triple camera-equipped Samsung Galaxy A8s 2019 launched
We can safely say now that Samsung has beaten both Huawei and Honor in launching first the smartphone with punched hole camera at the display as they introduced the Samsung Galaxy A8s today, a higher end midrange.
The Samsung Galaxy A8s has an Infinity-O display, similar to the upcoming Galaxy S10, on which the 24MP selfie camera sits under its 6.4-inch Full HD+ widescreen. It is an alternative to the obtrusive notches we’ve seen this year. Along the new display is a triple camera that has a 24MP main, telephoto sensor, and a depth sensor.
In terms of speed, the Galaxy A8s is a snappy midrange with Snapdragon 710 paired with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and up to 512GB storage though minimum should be 128GB. Powering all these hardware specs is a 3400mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0+.
Paint job options include a gradient steel grey, black and green, and blue.
When is the release date and how much is the Samsung Galaxy A8s?
The official SRP is still not mentioned but we expect it should be around $500+ or about P26,000 pesos. This is a reasonable price given the Galaxy A8 2018 has the same pricing. Of course, we will update you with final pricing and release date in the Philippines which is expected on January to February 2019 including Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, and India.
Samsung Galaxy A8s 2019 specs, price, Philippine release date
- Display: Infinity O notched display, 6-inch up to 6.4-inch LCD
- Design: Gorilla Glass
- CPU: Snapdragon 710 octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 616 graphics
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB internal memory
- Camera: Triple camera 24MP f/1.7, 10MP telephoto + 5MP depth sensor, , AI features
- Selfie: single 24MP AI front-facing
- Battery: 3,400mAh, Quick Charging 3.0
- Audio: USB Type-C
- Colors: Steel grey gradient, Black and green gradient, Blue
- Price: $500 starting SRP or about P26,000 pesos in the Philippines (est.)
- Release date: January to February 2019 availability