Samsung is gearing to release its new midrange in the form of the Samsung Galaxy M40. It’s the first M series device to feature the punch-hole screen, thanks to the Infinity-O Super AMOLED.
The Samsung Galaxy M40 is also expected to come with a Snapdragon 675 processor paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. It’s not yet confirmed if the Galaxy M40 will have a huge 4000 mAh or 5000 mAh battery but either of the two is likely.
In terms of pricing, the Galaxy M30 and Galaxy A50 (P18k price) will sandwich the M40 which is expected around P15k pesos depending on the final taxes.
It is a matter of days before Samsung will officially unveil the Galaxy M40. Stay tuned for the official price and availability in the Philippines.
Samsung Galaxy M40 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED, Punch-hole Infinity O
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5
- CPU: Snapdragon 675 processor
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Memory: 64GB or 128GB expandable with microSD (est.)
- Camera: 32MP triple camera, 1080p video
- Selfie: 16MP front-facing, Face Unlock
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4000 mAh or 5000 mAh capacity with Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, OneUI
- Colors: Black, Gold, White
- Price: est. $250 USD or P15,000+ before taxes
- Release date: June to July 2019 Philippine availability