Samsung announced the Galaxy Tab S6 with a starting price of $649USD or roughly P34k Philippine peso. There’s also a more expensive option featuring 8GB/256GB combo for $729 or ~P38k. Android tablets are typically inexpensive, but the Tab S6 is a rare case as it packs flagship specs.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Now Official
If you’re looking for a powerful Android tablet in 2019, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S6 is a great option despite the expensive price tag. Coming in three colors — cloud blue, rose blush, and mountain grey, the flagship tablet comes with a configuration of 6GB/128GB. But unlike most Android tablets, the Tab S6 is paired with a Snapdragon 8150, which is basically a Snapdragon 855.
While the cameras aren’t something to be impressed with, it’s surprising to see two sensors on the back — 13MP wide and 5MP ultrawide. As for the selfie camera, it uses an 8MP sensor. What’s impressive tho is the under-screen fingerprint scanner found near the bottom bezel of the display. Speaking of, the Tab S6 sports a 10.5″ WQXGA Super AMOLED screen.
Running Android 9 Pie with Samsung One UI on top, the Tab S6 includes an S-pen that magnetically attaches to the tablet. This also allows the pen to charge automatically. As for the S-pen, it features 4,096 different levels of pressure sensitivity and newly added S Pen Air actions.
With Samsung Dex built-in, the Tab S6 is looking like a great laptop alternative already. But to experience its full potential, the company is adding BookCover Keyboard as an optional accessory for $179USD or around P9k.
As for the rest, the tablet packs 4 speakers tuned by AKG, no headphone jack, and a 7040mAh battery that can last up to 15 hours of video playback.
There’s no firm release date for the Galaxy Tab S6 in the Philippines.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 10.5″ Super AMOLED WQXGA (1600 x 2560)
- Design: aluminum and glass, magnetic S-pen holder
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 8510 (7 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Memory: 128GB/256GB + microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, AF
5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- Selfie: 8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: non-removable 7040mAh with 15W fast charging
- Security: in-screen fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Samsung One UI
- Release date: Philippines availability TBD
- Price: $649USD – $729 or ~P34k – P38k