Sony hasn’t been in the right spot when it comes to its smartphone department. No matter its efforts, it seems like they just can’t handle the competition. However, the long-rumored Sony Xperia XZ4 would try to change that. Coming from a leaked specification, the company’s next flagship phone looks to be interesting especially on the camera department.
Spec-wise, we’re seeing a 6GB/128GB combo along with the option to expand thru microSD slot. While that seems to be common on flagship phones, the battery could have a big jump to a massive 4400mAh, potentially beating the 4200mAh of Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Of course, it’d come equipped with Qnovo Adaptive Charge.
Another big thing to see on the upcoming Xperia flagship XZ4 is the alleged 52MP camera paired with two sensors to make it a triple setup. If this holds true, then the Japanese company might make some big noise and capture the spotlight from other brands.
As for the display, it’s a tad larger than a typical flagship clocking in at 6.5-inches OLED panel with a 3360×1440 resolution, sporting a unique 21:9 extended display which has been rumored for quite some time now.
Should we follow their release timeline, Mobile World Congress would be the place of its announcement while market release would need to wait for a few months.
Sony Xperia XZ4 rumored specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- 6.5-inch OLED QHD+ display, Gorilla Glass
- Waterproof metal and glass
- Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor, 6GB RAM, 128GB expandable storage
- 52MP main camera on triple sensor setup 16MP + 0.3 ToF 3D, AI features
- Selfie camera
- 4G LTE-A, WiFi ac, NFC, GPS
- Under Display Fingerprint sensor, 3D Face Sensor
- 4400 mAh battery, Qnovo Adaptive fast charging, Wireless charging
- Android 9.0 Pie
- USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack
- March to April release date in the Philippines
- est. $800 to $900 price before taxes or about P44,000 to P49,000 pesos