Before you say anything else, hear us out first. We know that the HONOR 8C is in a tight spot against the Realme 3 and Redmi Note 7. After all, the two devices are affordable and feature-packed, respectively. But there are several features that the budget HONOR phone has that might make you choose it over the two. With that said, here’s what makes the HONOR 8C a better choice.
Best Features of Honor 8C
1. 13MP + 2MP dual camera have a brighter lens, bigger pixel size
The HONOR 8C does not fool you in terms of camera quality as it has a wide aperture and bigger pixel size than most budget phones with higher megapixels count. These two big technical features of the camera produce better low light images and more accurate photos compared to those camera phones which only have big numbers but less in quality.
2. Gaming Suite aka “Do Not Disturb While Playing Games”
Ever since Mobile Legends, PUBG Mobile, and Fortnite Mobile arrived, mobile gaming has turned from casual to competitive gaming. And one of the features that’s rarely seen on budget phones, even premium ones, is gaming mode, or as HONOR likes to call it, “Gaming Suite”. You can activate “Do Not Disturb” when gaming to prevent notifications, calls, and messages from distracting you.
3. Snapdragon 632
In conjunction with Gaming Suite is the Snapdragon 632. It’s an octa-core chipset responsible for running mobile games effortlessly. But aside from gaming, it consumes power efficiently when you’re doing simple tasks, like chatting, browsing, and music playing. After all, it’s a Qualcomm chipset.
4. Battery Life for 2 Days
Thanks to the efficient SoC, the 4000mAh battery can last up to two days of use. Based on the brand’s lab test, the HONOR 8C can last up to 12.5hrs of playback and 50hrs of standby. Of course, that’s paired with 10W fast charging.
5. Cat’s Eye Design
Ever stared at the eyes of a cat? Well, that’s not what you’re getting here. Instead, the HONOR 8C features the “Cat’s Eye” design on the back of its Cat-Eye Blue variant, which provides “a subtle effect created using 3D printing and nano-level pattern design”. As a result, the frosted finish looks unique in the sea of glass-like finish phones. Also, it should attract fewer fingerprint smudges.
6. Face Unlock in low-light situations
While HONOR’s latest budget phone comes with the reliable capacitive fingerprint scanner, unlocking it with your face feels more of a natural action now. With Face Unlock combined with its LCD Light Compensation feature, it will still work efficiently even under low-light settings.
Bonus: Protect your eyes with Eye-care Mode as a more advanced blue light filter
Since it’s expected for you to use the phone for long hours, HONOR is introducing its newest Eye-care mode certified by TÜV Rheinland. While you don’t have to learn how to pronounce that, all you need to know is that your eyes are better protected from blue light radiation to prevent eye strain.
HONOR 8C specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.26-inch FullView IPS LCD, HD+ resolution
- Design: All-screen notched phone, Cat-eye Blue design
- CPU: Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 506 graphics
- RAM: 3GB
- Memory: 32GB expandable via microSD card up to 256GB
- Camera: 13MP main + 2MP depth sensor, 1080p video
- Selfie: 8MP AI front camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE+, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi n, GPS, micro-USB port, USB on-the-go
- Battery: 4000 mAh, rated of up to 2 days, 10W Fast Charging
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, upgradeable to Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Aurora Blue, Purple, Black
- Price: P7,999 official SRP
- Release date: Available in Lazada, Shopee, and authorized stores nationwide