Vivo is now serving its homeland with the S1 Pro aka “V15 Pro” for the rest of the world. China is receiving the same treatment — from the specs to design, and to cameras. However, it has weird pricing and configuration.
The Vivo S1 Pro is available in Red and Blue variants. Just like the V15 Pro, it packs a Snapdragon 675 paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM, a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED notch-less display with 91.64% screen-to-body ratio, 3700mAh battery, a 32MP pop-up selfie camera, and a triple-main camera (48MP + 8MP ultra wide + 5MP depth-sensing).
The same goes for the build and design — featuring a dedicated Jovi AI assistant button on the left side and an under-screen fingerprint scanner. Starting May 9, it will be available in China at CNY2,698 or ~P20,800.
Now here’s the tricky part. The Vivo S1 Pro comes in two configurations — 6GB/256GB and 8GB/128GB. Yep, that’s not a typo. However, it gets better as both models have the same price. Now that’s an interesting take. Buyers can choose whether to get more storage or RAM for the same price. Personally, I think it’s a favorable move for consumers.
Vivo S1 Pro specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.39-inch FHD+ 19.5:9, Super AMOLED Ultra FullView Display
- Design: mechanical pop-up selfie camera
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 6 or 8GB
- Memory: 128GB/256GB expandable storage
- Camera: 48 MP, PDAF + 8 MP + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor, up to 4K 30fps
- Selfie: mechanical pop-up 32MP, up to 1080p 30fps
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 5.0, GPS, audio jack, micro USB
- Battery: non-removable 3700mAh with dual-engine fast charging
- Security: in-display fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch OS
- Release date: Philippines availability as Vivo V15 Pro
- Price: CNY2,698 or ~P20,800 China, P23,999 in the Philippines