vivo releases a budget Y93 phone with dual cam and a tiny notch
Another budget, camera-centric Android smartphone has been launched by vivo, the vivo Y93. It features a tall display, tiny notch with Face Unlock, a huge battery, and a very competitive price. The vivo Y93 is already available in China and soon in the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.
The vivo Y93 hardware specs are mainly powered by a Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor, 4GB RAM, and its 64GB storage with no microSD card support. Up front is a 6.2-inch IPS HD+ display along with an 8MP selfie camera that works as a Face Unlock. However, it lacks a fingerprint scanner.
The main cameras at the back are 13MP + 2MP combination which could produce up to 21MP images through stitching.
For a $215 price or P11,000 in Philippine pesos, the vivo Y93 makes one of the most affordable phones with notch and dual-cam setup. vivo PH is soon to announce the device globally and locally. Stay tuned for our review and benchmark tests to find out if the Y93 is really a reliable budget alternative.
vivo Y93 Full Specs, Features, Philippine release
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD, HD+ resolution, scratch resistant
- Design: gradient glass
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 505 graphics
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB, no microSD card
- Camera: 13MP f/2.2 + 2MP depth sensor, 1080p video
- Selfie: 8MP f/2.0, FHD video
- Battery: 4,030 mAh, fast charging?
- Security: face unlock
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack, micro USB
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, upgradeable to Android 9.0 Pie
- Colors: Gradient pink/red, gradient blue/black
- Price: $215 in China, estimated P11,990 Philippine price and global
- Release: November 2018 availability