While the Xiaomi Mi 9 featuring up to 12GB RAM and a Snapdragon 855 took the main stage, the Chinese company made sure to go all out with the last introduction of Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (Special Edition). In a typical Xiaomi manner, the midrange handset only starts at $300 or Php15,500 making it another formidable affordable phone to buy in 2019.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE triple main camera setup
The Xiaomi Mi 9 SE immediately uses the recently introduced Snapdragon 712 — a slight refresh of the Snapdragon 710. Its mobile processor comes with 6GB RAM and 64GB or 128GB internal storage.
Keeping with the triple camera trend, the back offers users with a 48MP + 13MP ultra-wide + 8MP telephoto combo while the front camera beautifies the hell out of your face with its 20MP sensor.
With a design almost entirely the same as the flagship – Mi 9, the Mi 9 SE has a teardrop notch for its 5.97-inch FHD+ AMOLED display. While you might settle with the smaller display, you might not with the 3070mAh battery. Nevertheless, it’s backed up by 18W wired charging. The rest of Mi 9 features can be found as well such as Game Turbo, MIUI 10, on-display fingerprint scanner, and a USB-C port. (headphone jack not found)
The Xiaomi Mi 9 SE is available in Black, Blue, and Purple colors with the 128GB variant costing $340 or Php17,500.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 5.97-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen, teardrop notch
- Design: glass and metal
- CPU: Snapdragon 712 octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Adreno 616 graphics
- RAM: 6GB
- Memory: 64GB, 128GB
- Camera: 48MP + 13MP ultra-wide + 8MP telephoto
- Selfie: 20M
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, WiFi ac, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3070 mAh, 18W charging
- Security: On-display Fingerprint Scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- Release date: March 2019 in China, Philippines availability TBA
- Price: $300 or Php15,500 and $340 or Php17,500 (128GB)