Two months after the mid-range Xiaomi Mi 9T arrived in the Philippines, the company has finally announced the official local launch date of the Mi 9T Pro, aka Redmi K20 Pro. On September 4, Xiaomi Philippines will introduce the flagship killer smartphone.
Mi 9T Pro or Redmi K20 Pro To Go Official in the Philippines
After pulling the plug on a possible Poco F1 successor and keeping mum about the Mi 9T Pro, Xiaomi did not disappoint its die-hard fans (at least for now). Compared to Mi 9T, the Mi 9T Pro features better display, flagship chipset from Snapdragon 855, and a faster 27W Quick Charge 4+ technology.
As for the price, it remains to be seen. In China, the 6GB/64GB model went for $380USD or roughly P19k. Should we expect that price then? To give you something to think of, the Mi 9T launched for P14k before taxes but went official for P15,990.
Redmi K20 and K20 Pro gaming phones specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch all-screen AMOLED and Super AMOLED Full HD+
- Design: Gorilla Glass 2 and polycarbonate
- CPU: Snapdragon 730 or 855 octa-core AI processor, Turbo for gaming
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB
- Memory: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB expandable
- Camera: 48MP Sony triple sensor + 13MP wide angle lens + 8MP telephoto
- Selfie Camera: 20MP f2.2 pop-up
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- Security: On-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000 mAh, Quick Charge 18W or 27W
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10