Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 will be launching soon and will replace the Mi Mix that is available on the market now. And before it goes official, the prototype image of the phablet has leaked online, seemingly bringing a big design upgrade to its predecessor.
Based on the leaks, the bezel has been reduced drastically at the bottom, probably squeezing more the selfie camera. The piezo electric earpiece remains at the top and overall the edgy looks are gone in favor of a curvy one.
More Xiaomi reviews and comparisons
If the picture is legit, we can assume that Mi Mix 2 will really beat most flagships including the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 8, iPhone 8, and even the current Galaxy S8 in terms of bezel level.
Other specs of the Mi Mix 2 is rumored to include the Snapdragon 835 CPU, 4500mAh battery, and up to 6GB RAM.
There is no official price and release date yet for China and the Philippines. Expect it to be around $700 or $800 (P40,000) when launched.
Rumored Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specs, Philippine Price, Release date
- Display: 6.4-inch ultra wide, bezel-less display
- Design: Ceramic back, Gorilla Glass front
- CPU: Snapdragon 835 octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 540 graphics
- RAM: 6GB
- Memory: up to 256GB storage
- Camera: 19MP main, dual-camera?, 4K UHD video
- Selfie: 8MP front
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 4.5, NFC, GPS, Gyroscope
- Battery: 4,500mA, Fast Charging
- Port: USB Type-C
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat, MIUI 9.0
- Price: est. $700 to $800 or P40,000 less for 64GB Mi Mix 2 model in the Philippines
- Release date: September to October 2017