Budget Gaming Phone 2019 from Xiaomi
Xiaomi has launched a new budget phone, the Mi Play, in China that is positioned for multimedia consumption and gaming. The new Mi Play has decent specs for its price though not the best among the recently announced gaming phones like the Honor Play.
The front of the Mi Play features a 5.8-inch Full HD+ tear drop notch screen (it’s a 1080p!) with a selfie camera and not so thick bezels. On the back are a dual camera setup and fingerprint scanner.
Powering the device is a MediaTek Helio P35 with AI features and PowerVR GE8320 graphics. There is also a 4GB RAM and expandable 64GB internal storage.
The Mi Play is available in China starting this week while a global launch is yet to happen next year. Expect a release date in the Philippines, India, and other parts of Asia by Q1 of 2019.
Xiaomi Mi Play specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display:5.8-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD
- Design: Scratch-resistant glass and polycarbonate
- CPU: Mediatek Helio P35 AI octa-core processor
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 64GB expandable with microSD
- Camera: 12MP main f/2.2 + 2MP depth sensor for bokeh, 1080p video
- Selfie: 8MP front-facing
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi ac, GPS
- Security: Fingerpint sensor
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI
- Colors: Black, Gradient Gold, Gradient Blue
- Price: est. $190 USD or P9,000+ before taxes
- Release date: January to February availability in PH
Xiaomi Mi Play Official Photos of Budget Gaming Phone 2019