Honda has made the new B-segment 2020 Honda City official with the new turbo engine, updated design, and RS model option.
Like the Honda Jazz 2020 that was revealed a month ago, the Honda City 2020 features a bigger metal accent at the front and streamlined sides and rear with a combination of LED lightings.
The interior also received a minor facelift especially on the dashboard with a touch infotainment display that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The biggest change is under the hood with the introduction of the 1.0-liter 3-cylinder turbo engine that produces 120 horsepower and 173 Nm of torque.
Honda Philippines will likely launch the 1.0-liter variant in our local market along with the 1.5-liter 4-cylinder older engine. Or perhaps they will shift to the 1.0-liter lone option.
Speaking of 1.0-liter Turbo, Toyota has introduced the subcompact Raize SUV last month with the said engine.
2020 Honda City compact sedan specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 4-door sedan
- Engine: 1.0-liter turbocharged or 1.5-liter
- Power: 120 Horsepower
- Torque: 173 Nm
- Transmission: Automatic or CVT
- Fuel efficiency: up to 18* km/l combined
- Ground clearance: 150mm
- Safety: Driver and passenger airbags, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System with EBD, parking sensors, ISOFIX, Cruise Control
- Features: Touchscreen infotainment system
- Price: P800k to P880k Philippine pesos base model with CVT transmission (estimated)
- Release date: early-2020 in the Philippines