Huawei’s sister brand, Honor introduced its first slider phone, the Honor Magic 2. It has a 6.4-inch OLED display with under display fingerprint scanner and powered by a Snapdragon 845 processor instead of the Snapdragon 710 on the Lenovo’s slider Z5 Pro.
The main feature of the Magic 2 is its camera setup. There are three sensors on the front slider with IR 3D facial recognition combination and three at the back including an ultra-wide lens.
Among the slider phones from Chinese brands, Honor Magic 2 has the biggest battery at 3,400 rated capacity and the fastest Quick Charging feature at 40W. Like the Xiao AI assistance on the Mi Mix 3, the Magic 2 also offers Yoyo AI assistant.
Full specs can be found below with the official release date of the Honor Magic 2 to start in early November in China. There is no word for other Asian market launches like in the Philippines and India. But given the presence of the brand, we might see the slider phone very soon, but at a steeper price of $550 USD or P29k Philippine pesos.
Honor Magic 2 full specs, Philippine price, release date
- Display: 6.4-inch 19.5:9 OLED display @ 2340 x 1080px, 93% screen-to-body ratio
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 processor
- GPU: Adreno 630 graphics
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB non-expandable memory
- Rear Camera: 16MP f/1.8 + 24MP black and white + 16MP ultra-wide triple camera, 4K UHD video
- Front Camera: 16MP + 2MP + 2MP selfie cameras
- Battery: 3,400mAh battery with Quick Charging 4.0+ at 40W
- Connectivity: 4G LTE+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- Features: Full-screen magnetic slider, In-display Fingerprint Scanner, IR 3D Facial Recognition
- Colors: Gradient Steel/Grey, Gradient Blue, Gradient Pink/Purple
- Price: $550 USD or Php 29,990 Philippine pesos for 6GB + 128GB model, price may vary after taxes
- Release date: November, 2018 in China with the Philippines, India Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam launch to follow