The battle for compact crossovers is getting fiercer with new entrants coming starting this year. The latest is the Kia Seltos which was launched in India just last month and will be heading in the Philippines soon.
Confirmed to come in a 2.0-liter gasoline engine, the Kia Seltos will deliver up to 147HP and 179Nm of torque. It is paired by a CVT or automatic transmission while the manual gear is yet to be confirmed.
The estimated pricing for the base model is around P1,100,000 plus pesos but could go way up to P1.4M depending on the toys inside.
The Seltos will rival the upcoming Mazda CX-30, Chevy Trax, Honda HRV, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Toyota CHR, and Hyundai Kona or Venue.
2020 Kia Seltos specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 5-door compact SUV or crossover
- Engine: 2.0-liter gasoline engine
- Power: 147 horsepower
- Torque: 179Nm torque
- Transmission: Manual or automatic
- Fuel efficiency: est. maximum 20km/l highway*
- Ground clearance: 200 to 210 mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger airbags, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, Parking sensors and camera (optional), ISOFIX
- Features: Touch infotainment system, LED lights, panoramic sunroof
- Price: P1.1M to P1.4M pesos
- Release date: end of 2019 or early 2020 in the Philippines