Mitsubishi is preparing to launch the new 2019 Montero Sport or Pajero Sport this July 25. But before we get the official release, a set of photos have leaked confirming the new front design but slightly redesigned rear or tail lights.
Convincingly, the exterior of the new Montero Sport 2019 came from the all-new 2019 Mitsubishi Strada or Triton on which the headlights are positioned lowered while the daytime running and fog lights located on top.
In terms of the rear side, Mitsubishi has retained the long tail lights composed of LEDs and bulbs on which it could produce divided opinions.
The Mitsubishi Sport 2019 is set to be unveiled in Asia this July with the availability to start by end of the year including in the Philippines.
The engine is expected to be the same with 2.4-liter MIVEC that produces 178 horsepower and 430 Nm of torque.
Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2019 specs, release date Philippines, price
- Body type: mid-sized SUV based on pick-up
- Engine: 2.4-liter MIVEC turbo diesel
- Power: 181 HP @ 3,500 rpm
- Torque: 430 Nm @ 2,500 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic or manual
- Fuel efficiency: 19 km/l, 75 liter capacity
- Ground clearance: 200+ mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger’s airbags, Forward Collision Mitigation, Reverse or Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Monitoring, Ultrasonic Misacceleration Mitigation System for anti-sudden unintended acceleration, Multi Around Monitor or 360-degree view camera, reverse parking sensors, ISOFIX
- Features: Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, 6-inch touch display
- Price: P1,600,000 to P1.7M base model price in Philippine pesos
- Release: Q3 2019 in the Philippines