After Lenovo launched the flagship Z6 Pro back in April, it’s now following it up with a mid-range level, dubbed as the Lenovo Z6. It comes with great features at a starting price of CNY 1,899 or ~P14,000.
Lenovo Z6 Goes Official in China
The mid-range Lenovo Z6 offers a large 6.39″ OLED FHD+ display, and to address the elephant in the room, it’s not a 120Hz screen refresh rate as the Razer Phone 2. While the display is still 60Hz, the touch sample rate is 120Hz like the iPhone Xs series. It may not provide smoother and faster animations, like the OnePlus 7 Pro, you can expect a faster response when touching the screen thus providing a snappier feel. That said, the display is HDR10 and DCI-P3 certified. And it comes with a small teardrop notch.
You can find a premium build here — featuring a 3D glass back in a clean finish with magnesium alloy-based frame. As you may have noticed, the back comes with three main cameras — 24MP f1.8 + 8MP telephoto of up to 2x optical zoom + 5MP depth. And with no capacitive fingerprint scanner in sight, it only means you get to use an under-screen scanner.
There’s honest-to-goodness Snapdragon 730 inside with up to 8GB and 128GB memory combo. While a large 4000mAh battery supports 15W Quick Charge feature. Last but definitely not least — a headphone jack.
In China, the Lenovo Z6 is already up for pre-order and scheduled to go on sale by July 9. The pricing is as follows (and comes in blue variant only):
- 6GB/ 64GB – CNY 1,899 ~P14k
- 6GB/ 128GB – CNY 2,099 ~P15,500k
- 8GB/ 128GB – CNY 2,499 ~P18,600k
Lenovo Z6 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.39-inch OLED Full HD+ with HDR10 and DCI-P3, teardrop notch, 120Hz touch rate
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5?, metal frame, 3D glass back
- CPU: Snapdragon 730 (8nm)
- GPU: Adreno 618graphics
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB
- Memory: 64GB, 128GB expandable
- Camera: 24 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.9µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE A, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C, headphone jack with Dolby Atmos
- Security: under-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4000 mAh, Quick Charge 15W
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with ZUI 11
- Release date: July 9, 2019 China, TBA Philippines
- Price: CNY 1,899 ~P14k for the base model, up to CNY 2,499 ~P18,600k