The new Mazda CX-30 launched in Geneva Motor Show sits between the Mazda CX-5 and the compact crossover/SUV Mazda CX-3. Technically, the CX-30 is almost identical to the new CX-4 in China but for international markets.
With the same body but refreshed Kodo design, the Mazda CX-30 brings bolder and more premium exterior. The front grill is more pronounced while the rear sports new rounded and streamlined taillights similar to the Mazda 3.
Options of the engine include the 2.0 SkyActive Petrol (Mazda CX-3 Philippine model) all the way up to the 2.5-liter gasoline and 1.8-liter turbo diesel. Safety offerings come standard to all models with 7 airbags and Mazda’s iActive sense ranging from cruise control to Traffic Alert System.
Transmission is either 6-speed automatic or manual while powertrain includes an FWD (2WD) or AWD.
In terms of interior and entertainment, both the Mazda 3 and CX-30 shares the premium cabin with an 8.8-inch center display and digital cluster gauge. Leather seats will be available to the AWD model.
Pricing for the base model is estimated at P1,300,000 pesos just between the CX-3 and CX-5. The official availability starts at the end of the year for Europe and early 2020 for Asian regions like the Philippines.
2020 Mazda CX-30 specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Body type: SUV / compact crossover, 5-door
- Engine: 2.0-liter SkyActiv, 2.5-liter, 2.2-liter SkyActiv D (diesel)
- Power: 148 HP @ 6000 rpm
- Torque: 192 Nm @ 2800 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed Manual or 6-speed automatic
- Fuel efficiency: est. maximum 15km/l highway*
- Ground clearance: 200mm*
- Safety: 7 airbags including Driver and front passenger, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, Parking sensors and camera, ISOFIX, iActive Sense
- Features: 8.8inch infotainment system
- Price: est. P1.3 Million for base model FWD or 2WD with 2.0 engine
- Release date: estimated Q1 2020 in the Philippines