Entering 2019, Oppo continues to bring premium features to its mid-range phone through the latest Oppo F11 Pro.
Featuring a full-screen display and mechanical pop-up camera, this could finally be the premium pop-up selfie king that you are looking for. So, let’s check out how the F11 Pro feels on our hands-on time with it.
Huge and immersive display
Immediately, one of the impressive feats of the Oppo F11 Pro is that full-screen display. At 6.5-inch, it’s a large phone to handle. But due to 90.90% screen-to-body-ratio, it surely does help in providing a more immersive experience.
Apart from the screen, the speaker is located almost invisibly on the top-edge portion while the bottom has a noticeable (but thin) chin bezel. Quality-wise, the F11 Pro packs a crispy FHD+ resolution together with the natural color-based IPS LCD panel.
Stealthily attractive glossy finish
Flipping the phone over and it attracts with the glossy glass-finish that comes in Aurora Green and Thunder Black. While we do prefer to have the Black variant, the Green version strikes uniquely to the eyes with its darker hue. Although the phone sports a polycarbonate body, we do appreciate the fact that it attracts fewer fingerprint smudges.
We were expecting for the Oppo F11 Pro to use an under-screen fingerprint scanner but we are not complaining about the rear-mounted capacitive scanner since Oppo is well-known for its swift biometric unlocking.
48MP camera madness and pop-up selfie camera
One of the main highlights here is the massive 48MP sensor assisted by a 5MP depth sensor.
The larger sensor combined with Ultra Night mode basically boost detail quality and low-light photography, and from our testing, it already looks promising. But of course, we will be diving more into it on our upcoming Oppo F11 Pro full review.
Last but definitely not the least, that 16MP pop-up selfie camera aka “rising camera“.
Expect selfies to be much crisper and better this time around with more space for a decent lens. Interestingly, the pop-up camera sports a transparent design that’s subtly implemented but a good touch overall.
As for the rest of the specs, we expect the Helio P70 to provide faster image processing through its dedicated NPU. We are also looking forward to how fast it can top up the 4000mAh battery through the help of Super VOOC Flash Charge 3.0.
The Oppo F11 Pro (6GB/128GB) is expected to retail locally for Php18,990.
Oppo F11 Pro official specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD+ 19.5:9, LCD Panoramic Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Design: mechanical pop-up selfie camera, glass and polycarbonate body
- CPU: MediaTek Helio P70 2.1GHz octa-core AI processor
- GPU: Mali-G72 graphics
- RAM: 6GB
- Memory: 64GB expandable storage, Dual SIM + microSD card hybrid
- Camera: 48MP main + 5MP depth sensor, 4K UHD video
- Selfie: mechanical pop-up 16MP front sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A Wi-Fi ac, BT 4.2, GPS, micro USB port
- Battery: non-removable 4000mAh with Super VOOC Ultra Fast Charging (click for test/review)
- Security: rear-mounted capacitive fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Release date: Philippines availability est. April 2019
- Price: estimated at $360 or P18,990