Reno, OPPO’s sub-brand, is slowly piling up its first smartphone lineup in 2019. Reno Z, the fourth member of the family, is looking to debut in China on June 6 with a price of CNY 2,499 ~P19k. Here’s what you can get from the recently announced mid-range phone.
OPPO Reno Z Now Official
Reno Z is sporting an Helio P90, the current flagship chipset of MediaTek, with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB onboard storage to boot. The configuration goes like this — 6GB/256GB and 8GB/128GB. There’s also a rich selection of colors — Night Black, Star Purple, Bead White, and Coral Orange.
The design is made out of glass complete with a teardrop notch that houses a 32MP selfie sensor. As for the main cameras, there’s your standard 48MP main + 5MP depth combination. Interestingly, there’s a 6.4″ FHD+ AMOLED display with HDR 10 support even. Furthermore, the fingerprint scanner is embedded on the display.
Inside is a large 4035mAh battery with support for 20W VOOC 3.0 charging via USB Type-C port. Also, there’s a headphone jack with Dolby Atmos technology.
It remains to be seen as to when it will arrive in the Philippines. Would you be interested in getting a Reno Z?
OPPO Reno Z specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED, teardrop notch
- Design: metal + glass
- CPU: Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90 (12 nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GM9446
- Memory: 6GB/8GB
- Storage: 256GB/128GB non-expandable storage
- Camera: 48MP Sony sensor f1.7 wide + 5MP f2.4 depth sensor
- Selfie: 32 MP, f/2.0
- Battery: 4035mAh, 20W VOOC 3.0
- Security: In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: dual nano-SIM, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE, Dolby Atmos, audio jack
- Ports: USB Type-C
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Color OS 6
- Colors: Star Purple, Extreme Night Black, Coral Orange, Bead White
- Price: CNY 2499 or about P19k price in the Philippines before taxes
- Release: June 2019 in China, TBD in the Philippines