The Realme X is a more capable and premium smartphone from the 2019 budget phones of Oppo’s Realme brand. It launches today in China alongside with Realme X Lite or the Realme 3 Pro in the Philippines.
For $220 base model price or roughly P12,000 in the Philippines before taxes, the Realme X features a Snapdragon 710 AI chipset, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage with an option of going for 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB non-expandable storage.
The main difference of the Realme X over the Realme 3 series is the AMOLED screen measured at 6.5-inch wide with no notch and an in-display Fingerprint Sensor. The selfie camera is hidden via the pop-up mechanism similar to OnePlus 7 Pro and OPPO F11. The main camera at the back is a 48MP Sony sensor paired with a 5MP depth sensor.
Powering the Realme X is a 3765 mAh battery that is coupled with Super VOOC Charging or Quick Charge.
In terms of local launch in the Philippines, expect the Realme X to become available at a later date since Realme 3 Pro will be positioned first (P10k price). Its estimated price abroad and in the PH is about P12k to P13k depending on the taxes and model.
The Realme X Lite is equivalent to the Realme 3 Pro internationally.
Realme X specs, price, availability in the Philippines
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED
- Design: Gorilla Glass 5, metal, pop-selfie camera, All-screen
- CPU: 2.2Ghz octa-core, Snapdragon 710 AI chipset
- GPU: Adreno graphics
- Memory: 4GB, 6GB or 8GB
- Storage: 64GB or 128GB non-expandable storage
- Camera: 48MP Sony sensor + 5MP depth sensor
- Selfie: 16MP front camera, pop-up mechanism
- Battery: 3765 mAh, Quick Charge or Super VOOC 3.0
- Security: In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: dual nano-SIM, WiFi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE
- Ports: USB Type-C
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with Color OS 6
- Colors: gradient Punk Blue, Steam White
- Price: $220 base model 4GB RAM or about P12k to P13k price in the Philippines before taxes
- Release: May 2019 in China, June to July global launch