Seemingly completing the Redmi 7 family, Xiaomi has finally taken the curtain off its budget phone dubbed “Redmi 7“. Starting at Php5,500 that goes up to Php7,800, it’s safe to say that budget phones are not so budget anymore once you see this one.
The Redmi 7 features a highlighting 4000 mAh battery that goes together with the Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor. It has 6.26-inch HD+ IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection – complete with a water-resistant coating (aka “P2i nano hydrophobic coating”).
As expected, the teardrop notch houses an 8MP selfie sensor while the back camera makes do with a dual setup of 12MP + 2MP depth-sensing. The Redmi 7 continues to bring the essentials with an IR blaster, audio jack, and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The available colors for the latest budget phone are Black, Red, and Blue. At 999 yuan(~Php7,800), you are getting the top variant with 4GB/64GB and goes down to 799 yuan(~Php6,100) for the 3GB/32GB. And at 699 yuan(~Php5,500) is the 2GB/16GB entry-level model.
Redmi 7 specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Display: 6.26-inch IPS LCD HD+, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, P2i nano hydrophobic coating
- Design: polycarbonate body
- CPU: Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 2GB/3GB/4GB
- Memory: 16GB/32GB/64GB + dedicated microSD slot of up to 512GB
- Camera: 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25µm, PDAF + 2 MP, depth sensor
- Selfie: 8MP
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Wi-Fi b/g/n, BT 4.2, GPS, audio jack, micro USB, IR blaster
- Battery: non-removable 4000mAh with 10W fast charging
- Security: rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 9
- Release date: Philippines availability TBD
- Price: estimated at P5,500 up to Php7,800 in the Philippines