Creative has recently released the All-new Sound BlasterX Katana which can be used for a home theater set-up. It was said to be ideal for playing music, watching movies. The device is also greatly recommended for gaming. According to the company, the Sound BlasterX Katana creates a lossless, crystal-clear and impressive room-filling sound. The question is, is the Sound BlasterX Katana worth its Php 15k price? Find out more here.
- JBL E55BT Quincy Review – Worthy Php 9k headphones?
- Sony introduces new headphone similar to Apple’s Airpods
The Sound BlasterX Katana comes in the color, Anodized Gray and is made of sleek aluminum. As shown in the picture above, the product comes with the main unit and a subwoofer. The main unit measures 23.6 x 2.4 x 3.1 in inches and the subwoofer measures 5.1 x 13.1 x 11.8 in inches. Although the main unit weighs 1.5kg, the design looks sleek and slim. It can also fit underneath monitors and TVs. The lights positioned underneath also makes it seem as if the device is floating. The main unit is propped up by two feet which are removable so you have the option to mount the device on the wall.
The buttons are positioned at the top along with the product’s logo. The buttons consist of the power switch/Bluetooth button, volume control, source button and an SBX button. At the back, you’ll find a port for the subwoofer connector, a 3.5mm aux mic-in, headphone jack, an optical audio input, a USB Flash Drive for playback of MP3, WMA, FLAC, WAV and APE audio formats, and a microUSB port.
The product also came with a USB cable which measured about two meters (specifically 1.8m). This means that you can easily connect the device to your desktop. Furthermore, another thing we noticed is that the main unit didn’t have any HDMI input.
The Sound BlasterX Katana includes a remote allowing the user to control the unit without having to be close to it. The remote contains the usual options such as the power button, play/pause button, and volume control. It also contains the option to change the settings for the bass, display, and LED. You may also choose which device you want the unit to be connected to anytime.
As for the sound quality, we made sure to test if the Sound BlasterX Katana can be used for playing music, watching movies, and playing games. The product’s volume was loud and impressive. We weren’t even able to reach the maximum volume but it was already deafening. As for gameplay and movie-watching, the audio produced was really immersive. The bass was noticeable while playing games. Moreover, the sound was also clear and the treble detail is amazing.
Price and Availability
The Sound BlasterX Katana is available and can be purchased at PC Express Glorietta and Trinoma at the price of Php14,990. Although the price is a bit expensive for a speaker, the Sound BlasterX Katana is versatile and can be connected to multiple devices.
Sound BlasterX Katana Specs and Features
- Power output:
- Main unit: 45 W RMS (15 W RMS x 2 Mids + 7.5 W RMS x 2 Tweeters)
- Subwoofer: 30 W RMS -Total: 75 W RMS / 150 W Peak
- Frequency response:
- Main unit: 150 ~ 20,000 Hz
- Subwoofer: 20 ~ 150 Hz
- Product Dimension (W x H x D)in :
- Satellite(23.6 x 2.4 x 3.1)in
- Subwoofer(5.1 x 13.1 x 11.8)in
- Product Weight:
- Main unit: 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)
- Subwoofer: 4.0 kg (8.8 lbs)
- Bluetooth 4.2: A2DP audio, SBC CODEC, Up to 2 multi-point connection.
- Aux in: 3.5mm stereo jack
- Optical Input: Compatible with PCM and Dolby Digital input signals up to 24bits 96kHz
- USB FlashDrive: Playback MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC and APE files
- Computer (USB Audio): For 24bit 96kHz playback for stereo/5.1/7.1 playback
- Headphone Jack: 3.5mm 3-pole/4-pole Jack with signal detection
- Mic In: 3.5mm Stereo Jack with signal detection
- Color: Anodized Gray
- Software: Sound Blaster Connect for PC (available for download via the product page)
Check out our video here.