Toyota Philippines is soon to introduce the all-new 2020 Toyota Avanza MPV as the 7-seater car was launched in Indonesia yesterday. Both the 2020 Avanza and the Avanza Veloz could make way in our shore before the year will end and will compete against Toyota Rush and Mitsubishi Expander.
The new 2020 Toyota Avanza feature more aggressive exterior with a split headlight and a bigger grill at the front. The back and sides are now more pronounced, thanks to the more muscular bumper and dual edge tail lights.
Inside the Avanza is a new infotainment system that could be acquired in top-spec variants. The safety features have been retained such as the dual airbag for the driver and the passenger. There is also an optional parking sensor and camera.
In terms of engine, the options are the same with the current Avanza. You can have a 1.3L or a 1.5L gasoline 4-cylinder paired with either manual or 4-speed automatic transmission. However, Toyota managed to improve the efficiency and power as both engines produce more horses at 95.6 HP and 102.6 HP, respectively.
The pricing of the Toyota Avanza 2020 and Avanza Veloz will be revealed once they launch in the Philippines. Our estimated starting price is around P790k for the base model of Avanza with a manual transmission while the top-end could reach up to P1 million pesos.
2020 Toyota Avanza specs, price, release date in the Philippines
- Body type: 5-door MPV
- Engine: 1.3L or 1.5L gasoline, 4-cylinder
- Power: 95 HP or 105 HP @ 6000 rpm
- Torque: 121 or 136 Nm @ 4200 rpm
- Transmission: Manual or 4-speed automatic
- Fuel efficiency: est. maximum 18km/l highway*
- Ground clearance: 200mm
- Safety: Driver and front passenger airbags, ABS or Anti-lock Brake System, Parking sensors and camera (optional) ISOFIX
- Features: 7-inch optional infotainment system
- Price: estimated P790,000 Philippine pesos base model 1.3-liter, up to P1M for the 1.5-liter model
- Release date: estimated Q4 2019 in the Philippines
* Specs may vary and region dependent